Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky UK names
I already said previously on multiple occasions that we will not change Sky channel names when they change their names, now I was caught by a user unprepared and I changed a channel name, although it was not necessary.

Now I changed back Sky Icons to Sky Cinema Select, as another user made me aware of my mistake through a ticket.

Here is his explanation in a slightly changed form:

Quote:The problem is, Sky change the names of their movie channels almost weekly, and these renames are almost always temporary, (weekly in some cases). In fact, they publish these temporary changes each month on their own forums:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/C...-p/4649748

The Sky Cinema channels are in the 300s on satellite, so you can see just how many, and how often, they do this in just one month! Every other month is similar.

According to Wikipedia, (I know!), the accepted "standard names" for these channels, (when they are not being temporarily renamed),are:

Sky Cinema Premiere - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Premiere UK"
Sky Cinema Select - changed back from "Sky Icons UK"
Sky Cinema Hits - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Cinema Hits UK"
Sky Cinema Greats - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Cinema Greats UK"
Sky Cinema Animation - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Cinema Animation UK"
Sky Cinema Family - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Family UK"
Sky Cinema Action - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Action UK"
Sky Cinema Comedy - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Cinema Comedy UK"
Sky Cinema Thriller - currently named on your site as "Sky Crime & Thriller UK"
Sky Cinema Drama - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Cinema Drama UK"
Sky Cinema Sci-Fi & Horror - currently correctly named on your site as "Sky Sci-Fi & Horror UK"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Cinema#Current

If we try to keep up with Sky TV's obsession, (they have been doing it for years), with temporary changes to their Cinema channel names, then we will be making a lot of name changes - regularly!

So based on my experience and on the explanation of this helpful user, I will ignore all Sky related requests in the future, except if there is a proof that a completely new channel was added in ADDITION to the others.

Thank you for your understanding.