Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit Settings of a channel (URL)
(12-06-2019, 01:51 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: You can edit the channel name.

There is no reason to edit the channel url, becasue if you change a url, the stream doesn'T work anymore, obviously.

The only thing we will implement to be able to SEE the url of the channel.
That is needed and useful for sure, we just didn't have the time yet to implement it.
Can you explain why if you change the URL, the stream won't work anymore. This is why I would want to edit the URL.

Do you have an eta on seeing the URL of the channel?
(04-30-2020, 12:00 AM)wex005tv Wrote: Can you explain why if you change the URL, the stream won't work anymore. This is why I would want to edit the URL.

Do you have an eta on seeing the URL of the channel?

If you have a working url and you change even one letter, that new url is not existent anymore in 99.99% of the cases therefore it can not work. You would need very much luck to randomly create a new url that works.

As I said, if your provider changed the url, then your old url will be deleted and the new url will be imported, if you linked your m3u file and you receive updates. No need for changing anything manually.

It's like your email address. If I want to write a letter to you at average.joe@gmail.com and I make a typo and write average.joe@gnail.com, you obviously never will get my email.

Every stream url is unique. Changing parts of it randomly will render it useless.

Users who don't know what they are actually doing will start doing stupid things, I guarantee, and then I have the work to explain them, why it doesn't work. And I am not even allowed to tell them that they are just simply stupid.

The visible url will come in february it seems.
This one is important to me and now we started to speed up the work on the feature todo list.
The feature for seeing the channel's url has been added a while ago.