Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local news XML
Is it possible to improve the guide info for local news?

Currently, I'm using the service with Telly and Plex and plex detects this as a movie:

<programme start="20200917020000 +0200" stop="20200917030000 +0200" channel="CityTVCalgary.ca">
    <title lang="en">CityNews at 6 Calgary</title>
    <category lang="en">News</category>
    <premiere/>
  </programme>

But detects this as a TV show:

<programme start="20200917050000 +0200" stop="20200917054500 +0200" channel="ComedyCentral.us">
    <title lang="en">The Daily Show with Trevor Noah</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">The Daily Social Distancing Show - September 16, 2020</sub-title>
    <credits>
      <actor>Trevor Noah</actor>
      <actor>Desi Lydic</actor>
      <actor>Dulcé Sloan</actor>
      <actor>Jaboukie Young-White</actor>
      <actor>Michael Kosta</actor>
      <actor>Ronny Chieng</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>2020</date>
    <category lang="en">Tvshow</category>
    <category lang="en">Talk</category>
    <category lang="en">Comedy</category>
    <category lang="en">Satire</category>
    <category lang="en">Current Affairs</category>
    <category lang="en">Politics</category>
    <icon src="https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/feed/1/593/106818593.jpg"/>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">24.154.</episode-num>
    <premiere/>
    <rating system="MPAA">
      <value>TV-14</value>
    </rating>
  </programme>

Presumably because it has the episode-num tag.

According to this

https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-receive-c...ups/299330

it may work just to have the air date as something like this:  <episode-num system="original-air-date">2018-07-27 09:30:00</episode-num>
Considering news isn't generally re-run it seems like the air date could get calculated and stuck in for Category=News
Please read the FAQ.

The data is provided by the channels as it is.
Channels provide original air date very rarely.

We do not create the data and we can not add that date to the show, becasue we do not know that date.

Please read the Plex forums about solutions.

We do not know how you can solve your problem, but there are dozens of people using our system with plex, becasue these kind of questions pop up time to time.
Those people solved their problems somehow as well, I am sure that you will too.
(09-18-2020, 07:40 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: Please read the FAQ.

The data is provided by the channels as it is.
Channels provide original air date very rarely.

I saw the option you had in preferences to massage the XML for plex so I'm confused that this is something different.
It seems like the original air date for news could get created from "programme start" date which is already there.

I'll have a go at transforming the XML after I download it though.
I don't remember anymore what the plex options do, but they were added upon user request.
They are for being able to use the xml file easier in the server environment, not to manipulate data.

If we want to calculate original air dates for every single news show based on their airing time, then we need a new datacenter only for that task.
That is not covered with the few bucks you pay, sorry Wink

We have around 8000 channels, which all have some kind of news shows 10-20 times a day. And also how would we know which one is news and which one isn't?
No worries it was just a suggestion.. I have it all working through a script on my end I can understand how it would add to your hosting costs.
Here is what I filter on since you ask: <xsl:template match="programme[category='News' and not(episode-num)]">

I just fake an episode from the date  like yyyy.mmddhh

Thanks for your service I'm enjoying it very much.
I am glad that you were able to solve it and of course we are happy that you enjoy our service.