Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Broad XML Categories for Movies / Sports
The XML categories generated for most things are simply amazing, but I've recently swapped to a new service to run my local IPTV server and it wants to filter broad categories off of Category tags within the XML. 

The developers of this are shit and don't let me apply the same filtering off my impeccable EPG group names that fit the already defined categories so figured I'd raise the issue here, any chance you'd be willing to add broad Category tags in the same vein as the already present <category lang="en">News</categorytag but instead as <category lang="en">Movie</category> or <category lang="en">Sports</category>?

I know this is potentially a super annoying ask but theres already tags like "Sports talk" or specific sports like "Hockey" along with movies having pretty deep tags as well that a broad "Movie" would cover too.

Link to their docs
The categories are set by the source of data, which is mostly the TV channel itself.

We are not creating the data and we can not manually check millions of shows for adding extra categories to the programming.

This is not something you can automate blindly.

I understand your problem and we would like to help and I am sorry, but you have to live with what you get.